Buying a property: secure your dream home
Whether you're looking to climb the property ladder or downsize, the team at George and James Oliver WS are happy to look after your interests as a purchaser.
Buying a property can be an exciting – and daunting – task for first-time buyers and old hands alike. We've been helping people in Hawick and the Scottish Borders buy their homes for over 150 years so let us ease you through the process.
Found the right property? As your solicitor we will
- Begin communication with the selling agent to note your interest and then make your offer
- Recommend the services of a trusted IFA (independent financial adviser) if you don't have one. We'll work with your IFA throughout the purchasing process
- Arrange any specialist surveys or reports needed in addition to the seller's Home Report
- Inspect the title deeds and process formal contracts of purchase
- Advise you of stamp duty charges and fees for registering your ownership of the property
- Handle the transfer of funds
Looking for an investment property?
Browse our properties for sale, or call us on 01450 372791 to discuss your requirements.
We can advise you on everything from tenancy agreements to local rental prices. Read more about our letting services here.